Founded in 2013, United for Hope is a young and growing non-profit organization committed to the empowerment of the poor and marginalized in rural India. United for Hope is registered as a non-profit organization in India, Germany and France.
United for Hope’s works is based on the following pillars:
- Multi-stage approach.
- Community ownership.
- Creation of self-sustaining systems within 5 years after village adoption.
- Sustainable growth and transparency.
- Clearly defined stakeholders, beneficiaries and activities.
Their ultimate vision is to create a sustainable community model that can be replicated across other villages in India.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Work in progress for installation of water purification system for village community.
- Partnered with Sulabh International to provide sustainable toilets to everyone in the village.
- Constructed sustainable toilets for 50 families so far.
- led the construction of an underground drainage system.
- Financed up to 70% of the cost of domestic solar lamps for households with limited or no electricity.
- Exploring options for village-wide renewable energy options.
- Installed solar street lighting as part of a pilot project.
- Built toilets as well as renovated the classrooms for the two schools in the village.
- Examined ways of securing the school buildings as well as provide relief from the heat with solar powered ceiling fans.
- Work in Progress for construction of a community centre for the village which will focus on both child and adult education programs.
Number of People to be benefited- 4000 (Approx)